- 20 minutes
- 8 minutes
- 32 cookies
- With a spoon, mix together softened shortening (margarine or butter) and sugar in a mixing bowl until well blended and creamy yellow.
- Add small egg and mix well.
- In a separate small bowl or measuring cup, mix together the molasses and milk and then add the mixture to the shortening, sugar, egg mixture and mix well.
- Add dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, salt and spices), and mix until well blended (with a spoon/no mixer needed). Batter will be thick but easy to spoon onto cookie sheet.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Drop batter by tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie baking sheet and bake for 8 minutes. When done, cookie should not show an indent when gently touched with your finger.
- Remove cookies from baking pan and place on wire racks to cool. Store cooled cookies in covered plastic container or ziploc bag to stay fresh.