- 1 hour
- 10 minutes
- Makes 4 to 6 servings
Enjoy this traditional dish with the fish of your choice, marinated in lime juice and mixed with fresh tomatoes, onions, avocado, olives, and garlic, and seasoned with an array of spices.
- Place the filets in a medium skillet and add enough water to cover them. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for five to seven minutes.
- Remove the filets from the water and set aside.
- In a large bowl, place the minced garlic, the jalapeno peppers, the onion, the tomatoes, the cucumbers, the olives, the lime juice, the oregano, the salt, the black pepper, and the olive oil, and thoroughly combine all ingredients.
- Cut the cooked filets into Â¾-inch pieces and then incorporate the fish into the vegetable mixture by gently stirring all ingredients together. Place in the refrigerator for 30 to 60 minutes.
- Just before serving, stir in the avocado and cilantro.