- 25 minutes
A delicious and easy macaroni and cheese with a crispy toasted Cheez-It Original® Crackers that you can make in under 30 minutes. This creamy dish will certainly be a crowd pleaser.
- In a large pot, cook elbow macaroni according to package directions being careful not to over cook the pasta.
- Meanwhile, melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet.
- Add parmesan cheese and SUNSHINE CHEEZ-IT Original crackers stirring constantly until crispy (approximately 4-6 minutes).
- Once slightly browned, remove from heat and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons of butter, then mix in flour, mustard, salt and pepper. Once combined, add milk.
- Over a medium heat, stir mixture until boiling and somewhat thick then add cheddar cheese and American cheese.
- Once melted, fold in macaroni and spoon mixture into serving dishes.
- Top with cracker mixture and serve immediately.