- 20 minutes
- 40 minutes (freeze time)
This rich and fluffy chocolate pie is made with five simple ingredients and is a dessert everyone will love.
- Add 1/3 cup heavy cream and 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips in a small pot on low heat, stirring until smooth.
- Add chocolate mixture to the prepared pie shell and store in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add 1/2 cup of heavy cream & 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips to the same pan. Stir frequently until chocolate is melted. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- In a different bowl, whip 1 cup of heavy cream and vanilla until soft peaks form.
- Beat the cooled chocolate mixture into the heavy cream.
- Pour this second chocolate layer into pie crust and return to freezer for 20 more minutes.
- Stir together 1 cup heavy cream with 1/4 cup powdered sugar in another bowl. Spread over Chocolate pie.
- Sprinkle chocolate shavings on top.
- Serve immediately or return to freezer.
- Transfer to fridge 30 minutes to 1 hour before serving.