- 15 Minutes
- 20 Minutes
- 4 - 6
Want to know how to make pepperoni rolls? This southern pizza bread appetizer will make anyone smile and is great to take to potlucks. Make some today!
- Grease a baking sheet with baking spray. Arrange twelve frozen rolls onto the tray, spaced evenly apart.
- Cover the frozen rolls with plastic wrap that has also been coated in baking spray. Set the rolls in a warm place, and allow them to thaw for two hours.
- Use a lightly floured rolling pin to flatten each roll into 3”- 4” discs. Place three slices of pepperoni onto the center of each disc, covered by one tablespoon of shredded cheese.
- Fold the ends of the dough disc over the pepperoni, then gently roll it into a tube shape, similar to a burrito or egg roll. Pinch the ends to seal in the pepperoni and cheese. Seal the seams on the bottoms.
- Repeat with all twelve rolls.
- Place the pepperoni rolls, seam-side down, back onto the baking sheet. Cover again with the plastic wrap, and allow them to rise in a warm place for one more hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- (Optional) : In a small bowl, whisk the egg and a splash of water together until fully combined. Use a pastry brush to paint the egg wash over each pepperoni roll.
- Bake the pepperoni rolls at 350 F until golden brown, about 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, and serve hot.