- 5 Minutes
- 20 Minutes
- Makes 8-10 Servings.
Get some Mardi Gras color on your table with this easy and festive cinnamon roll king cake recipe. Top with icing and colored sugar crystals!
- Preheat your oven to 350º. Unwrap the tubes of cinnamon rolls and arrange one layer (about 5 jumbo rolls) in the bottom of a Bundt pan. Make sure the edges of the uncooked rolls are just touching. After the first layer is arranged, repeat, placing the next layer of rolls over the gaps in the first layer as if you were laying bricks.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until the tops of the rolls are golden brown. Remove from oven and leave in the Bundt pan to cool.
- In the meantime, prepare the frosting by mixing one packet of cinnamon roll icing (or about ¼ cup) with the softened cream cheese. The cream cheese is optional, but it helps balance the sweetness and flavor of the pre-made icing. If you prefer, you can just use the icing included with the cinnamon rolls.
- When the king cake has cooled to room temperature, carefully pour the icing over the top, allowing it to drip down the sides slightly.
- Add sugar and a couple drops of the purple food coloring into a zip lock bag - shake. Repeat with yellow and green food coloring. Top the cake with the colored sprinkles, alternating the color used over each section of the cake. Enjoy!