- 10 minutes
- 45 minutes
The name of this dessert recipe says it all – it’s easy and a great way to enjoy fresh seasonal plums! To bake this treat, you can either use a square baking pan or a cast iron skillet – whichever one you prefer or have available in your kitchen. Then, once baked and cooled slightly, dish out a serving for you and each of your loved ones and top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Grease an 8-inch square baking pan and set aside.
- Mix together the plums, brown sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. Cut in the cold butter using a pastry blender or two knives until butter is pea sized. Pour in the heavy cream and mix with a fork until the dough is just moistened.
- Pour the plums into the prepared baking dish. Drop tablespoons of the dough over the plums. Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until the fruit is bubbling and the crust is golden brown.
- Allow to cool slightly and serve with vanilla ice cream, if desired.