- 20 Minutes
- 15 Minutes
If you're looking for recipes dad will be sure to love this Father's Day, this might be the answer. These smoky pork calzones are sure to please!
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Put a baking sheet in the oven to warm up while it preheats.
- On a lightly floured surface, divide the dough into quarters and let rest.
- Heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Add pork, salt, and pepper, and cook, breaking up the pork.
- Cook pork for about 4-5 minutes until no longer pink.
- Add two teaspoons paprika to the pork and stir to combine. Cook for about one minute.
- Add bell pepper to the skillet and stir to combine. Cook until the pepper is softened, about 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer pork mixture to a bowl to cool.
- Stretch each portion of pizza dough and roll out and shape into about an 8 inch round.
- Divide the pork mixture among the four dough rounds. Pile pork and mozzarella on one side, leaving a half inch border of dough, and then fold the dough over the filling and pinch closed. Pinch and crimp the edges using the tines of a fork to seal the calzone.
- Combine remaining paprika with 1 tablespoon olive oil and then brush this mixture on top of the calzones.
- With a sharp knife, cut two one inch holes in the top crust.
- Remove baking sheet from the oven and place calzones on the baking sheet. Bake until golden and crisp, about 15 minutes.
- While the calzones are baking, toss the greens with the vinegar and remaining olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Serve this light salad with the calzones.