- 15 Minutes
- 10 Minutes
- Makes 8-10 Servings.
A classic Mardi Gras dip, transformed into a tasty dip with our Easy Skillet Jambalaya Dip! Chop all of your vegetables and cook in a skillet with oil. Add shrimp and cream cheese and then broil until cheese is melted. Get the recipe!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat one tablespoon of olive oil in an oven-safe skillet over medium heat. Add the sausage slices, and cook 2-3 minutes per side until browned and cooked through. Transfer cooked sausage slices to a cutting board.
- In the same skillet, add another tablespoon of olive oil if necessary. Add the thawed shrimp, and cook 2-3 minutes per side until warmed through. Transfer the shrimp to the same cutting board as the cooked sausage.
- Add another tablespoon of olive oil to the skillet, and add green pepper, onion, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, for about 7-8 minutes until softened and browned. Add garlic, and cook for one more minute.
- While the vegetables are cooking, cut the tails off of the shrimp, and discard the tails. Cut the shrimp into small 1/4”-1/2” pieces. Cut the sausage into similar sized pieces.
- In a large bowl, add softened cream cheese. Once the veggies are done cooking, add the veggies into the bowl with the cream cheese. Stir to mix well.
- Add the cooked shrimp, cooked sausage, sour cream, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, celery salt, smoked paprika, and dried oregano. Stir to combine.
- Sprinkle in grated cheese, and stir to combine again. Transfer the entire dip back to the oven-safe skillet, and cook at 350 F for about 10 minutes to heat back through.
- Serve hot with tortilla chips, celery, or pita chips!