- 15 Minutes
- 1 Hour
- In a large, deep pot, melt the butter and sauté the onions and celery. Cook them over medium heat until they’re softened (5 to 10 minutes). Add the salt, pepper, and celery seed.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour with ½ cup of the chicken broth and mix well. Add to the onions and celery.
- Add the remaining chicken broth to the pot with the vegetables. Bring everything to a boil and cook for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. (If you would like a smoother soup, at this point you could remove from the heat and use an immersion blender to puree the soup.)
- On low heat, stir in the peanut butter and the cream and stir until everything is smooth and well combined.
- Prior to serving, you can season with a little lemon juice, if desired, and top with chopped peanuts.