- 1 hour
- 12 minutes
- 10 to 12 cookies
The flavor of eggnog, in a chewy snickerdoodle, topped with sugar & spice are a great festive dessert.
- Mix together the dry ingredient- flour, cornstarch, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in a mixing bowl.
- In a second bowl, mix together the wet ingredients- butter, eggnog and vanilla.
- Stir into the wet mix, both sugars. Then add in the flour mixture until barely combined.
- Chill the dough for 30 minutes or if you want to pre-make the dough it can be chilled for up to 3 hours uncovered.
- While oven preheating to 350° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix together the sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg to prepare the coating.
- Using a cookie scoop, drop one portion of cookie dough into the bowl of spiced sugar. Turn over in mixture until fully coated.
- Roll each scoop between the palm of your hand to firm a ball. Drop it back in the sugar mixture, and coat again, then place on the baking sheet. If chilled more than an hour, flatten the balls bit on the cookie sheet.
- Bake cookies for 9-12 minutes. Remove from oven, and let cool for 10 minutes on baking sheet before serving.