- 10 minutes
- 30 minutes
unique squash casserole
- Cut squash into rounds medians
- Dice onion
- Place squash and onion is a pot. Cover with water and add salt and pepper. Cook until tender.
- Melt butter. Slowly mix melted butter and stuffing mix. (I crush the stuffing mix even more while in the bag with my fingers. This help to break up any large pieces.)
- Drain the squash mixture
- Add to the squash mixture cream of mushroom soup, sour cream, pimentos, Mrs. Dash and the shaved carrot. Mix well.
- Now add 1/2 the stuffing mix to the squash mixture. Place in a casserole dish. Place the other 1/2 of the stuffing mix on top to form a crust.
- Now bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Cook times may very. Top of the crust should be golden brown when done.
- Serve hot