- 20 Minutes
- 3 Minutes
- Place the chocolate crème sandwich cookies in a food processor and pulse into fine crumbs.
- Mix the cookie crumbs and cream cheese in a medium bowl until well combined.
- Using a heaping tablespoon at a time, form the cookie mixture into an acorn shape and transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Repeat with the remaining mixture.
- Refrigerate until slightly firm, about 30 minutes.
- Place the chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds. Stir and continue to microwave for 15 second intervals, stirring between each interval, until melted and smooth.
- Dip each acorn into the melted chocolate using a fork. Tap against the edge of the bowl to allow the excess chocolate to drip back into the bowl. Return the chocolate covered acorns to the baking sheet and allow to harden at room temperature.
- Melt the peanut butter chips using the same process as the chocolate chips.
- Dip each acorn top into the melted peanut butter and then into the sprinkles. Dip the tip of a pretzel into the peanut butter and gently press into the top of the acorns.
- Allow the peanut butter to set before serving.
Recipe Tip: To prevent them from cracking do not overchill or freeze the acorn cookies before dipping in the chocolate.