- 6 Hours (including refrigeration)
- 15 Minutes
- Makes 12 to 14 Squares.
Show off festive red, green, and white colors in this three layer Christmas gelatin recipe. Top it off with cool whip, lime wedges, and fresh strawberries!
- In a saucepan, bring 2 cups of water to a boil, remove from the heat, and stir in the lime gelatin.
- When the gelatin is thoroughly dissolved, stir in the can of pineapple. Pour the mixture into a 9x13 baking dish.
- Place in the refrigerator to chill for at least an hour, until firm.
- In a medium bowl, place the cream cheese and milk. Stir until well combined. Set aside.
- Place the 2 tablespoons of water in a small saucepan and add the unflavored gelatin. Allow it to stand for a minute or so until thickened.
- Stir continuously over low heat until the gelatin dissolves completely.
- While whisking, add the gelatin to the cream cheese mixture and whisk thoroughly. Then add the melted marshmallows and continue whisking until combined.
- Pour (spoon) the cream cheese mixture over the set lime layer. Return to the refrigerator for at least an hour, or until set.
- In a saucepan, bring 2 cups of water to a boil, remove from the heat, and stir in the strawberry gelatin.
- When the gelatin is thoroughly dissolved, stir in the can of cranberry sauce. Whisk until well combined. Add the diced strawberries and mix those in. Allow to sit for 15 minutes to cool slightly before pouring over the cream cheese layer.
- Return to the refrigerator to chill for at least a couple of hours until everything is firm.
- Cut into squares and serve.