- 30 minutes
- 10 minutes
- Makes 24 cookies
Share the excitement of the big game with a batch of these football-themed cookies!
- In a mixing bowl, combine the sugar and butter and whisk together until fluffy. Add the cream and vanilla, and stir. Combine the salt, baking powder, and flour, and add the dry ingredients to the sugar/butter mixture, then mix thoroughly.
- Roll the dough out to a thickness of ¼ inch.
- On a floured surface, cut out the cookies using circle-shaped or football-shaped cookie cutters.
- Place on a lined baking sheet and bake in a 350-degree oven for 8 to 10 minutes. Wait several hours (until the cookies are completely cool) before icing.
- Put half of your royal icing into piping bags or squeeze bottles. Add water to the remaining icing in small amounts until the icing is thinned â when you dip a toothpick into it and pull it out, you should get a thin ribbon of icing running off the toothpick. This is your flood icing. Put the flood icing into squeeze bottles. You won't need to make white or red flood icing-just brown and green. (You'll use the royal icing to pipe outlines onto your cookies. Use the flood icing to fill outlined areas.)
- To make a stadium cookie, pipe a half-circle on the top of the cookie with white icing.
- Fill the half-circle with white flood icing.
- While the flood icing is still wet, add sprinkles.
- If you like, pipe a thick red line beneath the white half-circle to look like the edge of the bleachers.
- Pipe and fill the bottom half of the cookie with green icing. Let dry.
- When the icing is dry, pipe white icing in the shape of a goal, or add yard lines to the grass.
- To make a football cookie, pipe white icing around the edge of your cookie and fill with brown flood icing. Let dry. Pipe white details onto the football.