- 15 minutes
- 7 minutes
- 4 servings
Juicy mango salsa and creamy-textured avocado make these tacos especially tasty. Prepare all of the components and serve in separate bowls, allowing your guests to build their own tacos.If mahi-mahi is unavailable, substitute another firm white fish, such as orange roughy, grouper, or snapper.
- To make the salsa, stir together the lime zest, lime juice, oil, ginger, and cayenne pepper in a medium bowl. Add the remaining ingredients and stir until evenly combined.
- Rinse and dry the fish. Stir together the garlic, chili powder, coriander, cumin, and paprika in a small bowl. Brush both sides of the fish with oil and then spread evenly with the spices. (At this point, the fish can be covered and chilled for up to 8 hours.)
- Just before serving, stir together the avocado and lime juice in a small bowl. Spoon the sour cream or yogurt into a small bowl.
- To cook the fish, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the fish and cook for 3 to 5 minutes per side or until opaque and flaky. Cut into 1-inch squares. Cover to keep warm.
- Place the stack of tortillas between 2 damp, heavy-weight paper towels Microwave on HIGH for about 1 minute or until warm and pliable.
- On the serving table, arrange separate bowls of salsa, avocado, lettuce, sour cream or yogurt, and the fish. Place the warm tortillas in a basket.
- Instruct guests to stuff the tortillas as they wish with the filling ingredients. Roll and enjoy.