- 20 minutes
- 10 minutes
- Chop tomatoes, green onions and cilantro and assemble in a large bowl. Include the stems of the cilantro as these have the most flavor.
- Finely chop one jalapeno and mix gradually, tasting as you go for desired level of heat.
- Using a citrus press or your hands, squeeze the juice of 3 limes into the salsa plus the zest of one lime. Don't grate the white part of the lime as it has a bitter flavor.
- Add 1 tablespoon of rich tasting olive oil and a generous amount of salt and pepper. Taste and continue seasoning with jalapeno and salt accordingly. Cover and chill.
- Place an empty bowl in the sink and place your colander atop it. Pour your salsa into the colander, reserving the liquid for a marinade or discard it. Serve your salsa in a bowl with chips and enjoy.