- 25 minutes
- 15 minutes
- Makes 8 servings
Add some flavorsome football spirit to your game day celebrations with these adorable little football-shaped pizza pockets.
- Roll out the pie crust and cut it into circles using a 4-inch circular cookie cutter. Take each 4-inch circle of dough and use the same cookie cutter again to cut football shapes out of each circle. Combine the scraps and continue making footballs.
- Take a football-shaped piece and place two pepperoni slices in the middle, staying away from the edges. Cut out a piece of mozzarella and place on top of the pepperoni.
- Add a small amount of pizza sauce on top of the cheese and a pinch of Italian seasoning.
- Use the egg wash to brush around the edges of the dough. Take a second piece of dough and place it on top. Use a fork to crimp the edges and make 3 or 4 slits in the top. Brush the egg wash over the top.
- Bake in a 425-degree oven for about 12 to 15 minutes, until golden brown.
- Serve with your favorite pizza or pasta sauce.