- 10 minutes
- 6 minutes
French bread, ham, turkey and cheese dipped in egg mixture and fried with butter. Serve with maple syrup and confectioners sugar. A sweet and salty combo perfect for breakfast or lunch!
- Slice French bread into thick slices - about 1" each. You need 10 slices to make 5 sandwiches.
- Assemble sandwiches by placing slice of cheese on (5) slices of bread. Then stack (2) ham slices and (2) turkey slices on top. Add another slice of cheese and then a slice of bread to form a sandwich. Smash sandwich down a bit to keep everything together.
- In a bowl whip eggs, milk, cinnamon and vanilla until combined.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat and add butter.
- Place sandwich in egg mixture and soak on each side of the sandwich for about 30 seconds each. You don't want the bread to get soggy but you want to soak up some of the egg mixture.
- Place egg soaked sandwich in hot frying pan. Cook for approximately 2-3 minutes per side. You want the sandwich to be golden brown and the cheese to be melty.
- Remove cooked sandwich, slice in half. Sprinkle with confectioners sugar and serve with maple syrup.