- 10 minutes
- 20 minutes
- 20 to 30 sticks
These fun-sized French toast sticks are perfect for any occasion and offer a hint of zesty orange. Kids love 'em!
- Quarter the French bread and cut into 4 to 5 inch lengths.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the butter, eggs, sugar, cinnamon, cream, vanilla, and orange zest.
- Soak each French toast stick in the egg mixture, then transfer to a non-stick skillet.
- Cook the French toast sticks over medium heat until browned, then turn and cook the other sides. (Cook approximately 6 to 8 sticks at a time; you'll need to cook them in batches.)
- Mix the maple syrup with vanilla and heat; serve with the French toast sticks. Top with powdered sugar if desired.