- 20 Minutes
- 10 Minutes
- 4 - 6
Looking for ways to cook oysters, or grilled skewers this summer? Try out this local Virginia shellfish kebab recipe that you & your family will love!
- Rinse oysters and put in a large bowl.
- Rinse mushrooms and if they are larger, cut in half.
- Combine oysters, mushrooms, pepper, salt, cloves, parsley, basil, thyme, flour and butter into bowl then gently toss so that everything is evenly coated
- Using a skewer, slide an oyster on then slide a mushroom and repeat until the skewer is full leaving about 2 inches unfilled so you can easily pick them up. Repeat until you have used all of the oysters and mushrooms.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat and apply oil to the grates.
- While the grill is warming up, roll each skewer into the breadcrumbs.
- Place the skewers on the grill and cook for 3 – 4 minutes per side. For larger oysters, cook for 5 minutes per side.
- Cook beef gravy according to package directions, add lemon juice and pour into bottom of large platter.
- Put skewers on top and serve.