- 20 minutes
- 45 minutes
- Makes 20 bites
Is your refrigerator overflowing with leftovers? Put that leftover stuffing to use in this tasty dish.
- Shape the leftover stuffing into 1-inch cubes or balls.
- Whisk together the eggs and milk in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, place the breadcrumbs.
- Dip each “stuffing bite” in the egg mixture and then dredge in the breadcrumbs, then set aside on a plate.
- In a medium saucepan, place the cranberries, sugar, and water. Heat to a boil, stirring frequently, then lower the heat and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring frequently until the sauce thickens.
- Let the sauce cool and then blend it in a food processor along with the walnuts and the pepper.
- Prepare a pan for deep frying the bites. Heat the oil to approximately 350 degree and then carefully place the bites in the oil.
- Fry each bite for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and place on paper towels to drain.
- Serve with the cranberry sauce pesto for dipping.