- 30 minutes
- 50 minutes
Rich traditional Southern pecan pie
- Heat oven to 375
- Line pie pan with pastry
- Beat sugar, butter, salt and eggs with wire whisk until well blended
- Add Karo syrup and pancake syrup and whisk until well blended with egg/butter/sugar/salt mixture
- Stir in 1 cup pecan pieces and 1/2 cup pecan halves
- Bake for 45-55 minutes until center set. Cover pie edges with tin foil or pie ring. Remove halfway through cooking.
- Cool completely and refrigerate overnight so pie sets firm.