- 1 hour
- 1 hour
These delicious, rich chocolate brownies are topped with green frosting and football-shaped chocolate to create the perfect game day treat at your next tailgate.
- Begin by buttering and flouring a 9x13 baking dish.
- In a mixing bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, and salt, then set aside.
- Place the baking chocolate in a small saucepan along with the butter; melt together slowly over medium-low heat, stirring continuously so it won’t burn. Remove from the heat and transfer to another mixing bowl.
- Add the sugars, vanilla, and the cream. Combine all ingredients.
- Add the eggs.
- Add the dry ingredients (flour/cocoa powder mixture) and mix.
- If the batter seems too dry, add additional cream until you achieve a thick, creamy batter.
- Add the chocolate chips.
- Pour into your baking dish and bake in a 350-degree oven for 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the brownies comes out clean.
- When they’re done, allow the brownies to cool completely.
- Frost the brownies with the green frosting, then cut into approximately 12 pieces.
- Let the green icing firm up a bit, and then pipe the goal posts onto each brownie using the white icing.
- Create the chocolate footballs by carving a football shape out of each of the 12 pieces of chocolate. Use a toothpick dipped in white icing to draw the finer lines on the footballs. Place one chocolate football on each brownie, in between the goal posts.