- 15 Minutes
- 1 Hour (plus resting time)
- Allow the beef roast to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before preparing.
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Place the beef roast in a large roasting pan.
- Toss the potatoes, olive oil and salt and pepper to taste in a large bowl. Arrange the potatoes around the beef roast.
- Add the butter, garlic, shallot, rosemary, thyme, 2 teaspoons salt and 1 teaspoon pepper to a food processor or blender and process until the consistency of a paste. Spread the butter mixture evenly over the beef roast.
- Roast for 30 minutes and then reduce the oven temperature to 325°F. Cook for 30 minutes or until the desired doneness. Loosely cover the roast with aluminum foil and allow it to rest 15 minutes before carving.
Substitute: To use fresh herbs, substitute the dried herbs with 2 sprigs of rosemary (stems removed) and 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh thyme.