- 30 minutes
- 2 hours
- 6 to 8
Use spring herbs to elevate your standard chicken dinner tonight! This recipe is relatively simple and it smells *great* as it cooks.
- In a small bowl, combine the parsley, rosemary, sage, thyme, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Mix well.
- Sprinkle 2 teaspoons of the herb mixture in the cavity of the chicken.
- Cut the lemon in half and squeeze the juice of one half into the cavity of the chicken. Then place that half of the lemon inside the chicken.
- Remove the outer paper from the garlic bulb and cut the top off, then pour the oil over the bulb and place it in the chicken as well.
- Loosen the skin around the chicken breast and rub about ¾ of the remaining herb mixture under the skin.
- Take the other half of the lemon and squeeze the juice all over the chicken skin. Then rub the remaining ¼ of the herb mixture on the skin.
- Place the chicken in a roasting pan on a rack (breast-side up); roast in a 350-degree oven for 1½ to 2 hours or until a meat thermometer reaches 180 degrees Fahrenheit when inserted in the thigh. Use the meat thermometer to be sure.