- 10 Minutes
- 35 Minutes
- 6 - 8
Despite its name, this breakfast dessert recipe hails from Delaware and is one of the best cornbread recipes you'll make--try it out today!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, mix cornmeal, flour, baking powder, and salt and stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine eggs, sugar, milk, oil, vanilla, and 2 teaspoons cinnamon and stir to combine.
- Mix wet and dry ingredients and stir just until combined. A few lumps are OK.
- Spread 3/4 of the mixture into a 6”x9” baking dish and top evenly with diced peaches, leaving a few slices reserved for garnish if desired.
- Pour the rest of the batter on top and spread evenly to cover.
- Sprinkle with ½ teaspoon cinnamon and brown sugar.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.