- 90 minutes
- 1 minute
A great decoration/snack for your Christmas party
- Beat almond extract into the frosting.
- Tint 2 1/2 cups of the frosting forest green with the green food coloring.
- Frost 10 of the cupcakes with the green and white frosting, swirling the colors.
- Frost the remaining 2 cupcakes with the remaining white frosting.
- Arrange the sliced almond on 1 of the white frosted cupcakes.
- For the yellow star, microwave the 5 candy logs, unwrapped, on high for 15 seconds to soften.
- Knead the candies together and roll out to a 1/4 inch thick sheet.
- Using a 2 inch star-shape cutter, cut out the star shape.
- Place the star on the remaining white cupcake.
- On a large serving platter, arrange the 10 green cupcakes to form a pyramid, with the cupcakes just touching each other.
- Place the almond-topped cupcake at the bottom of the pyramid for the trunk of the tree.
- Place the cupcake with the yellow star at the top of the pyramid.