- 10 minutes (Chill 8 hours)
- 1 hour 40 minutes
Use your favorite ginger-ale for a flavorful twist on the popular can chicken recipe. Serve this baked chicken with green grapes and rosemary sprigs for a perfect Easter dinner main course.
- Rinse chickens with cold water and pat dry. Put each chicken in a large zip-top plastic freezer bag and set aside.
- Mix the oil, steak seasoning, salt, rosemary, garlic and pepper in a medium bowl. Pour the mixture evenly over the chickens. Close the bags and store in the refrigerator for 8 hours, turning occasionally. Remove chickens from the bag and discard of the marinade.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Cautiously remove the lids from cans of ginger ale using a can opener. Pour one-fourth ginger ale from each can and save for later use. Keep the remaining ginger ale in each can. Lightly grease a large roasting pan and place the cans in it. Position each chicken upright onto a ginger ale can.
- Bake, uncovered, for 1 hour and 40 minutes or until chickens are golden brown. Allow the chickens to cool for 10 minutes and then carefully remove cans before serving. Serve on top of red lettuce leaves and garnish with rosemary sprigs and green grapes.