- 15 minutes
- 65 minutes
- 9 to 12 bars
- While oven preheating to 350°, line a baking dish with foil up to the sides.
- Mix for about 3-4 minutes, until butter and sugar is fluffy. Then add egg and molasses an mix until fully combined.
- In a separate dish, whisk flour, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, baking soda and salt together.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredient mix, and whisk until smooth. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Spread dough into baking dish and bake for 18-20 minutes, until golden brown. Remove the oven and let cool.
- When fully cool, remove bars from the pan and set aside.
- To make the frosting, start by beating the remaining butter until smooth. Mix in powdered sugar and then caramel.
- Layer bars with frosting and top with sprinkles. Cut in 9-12 squares and serve.