- 15 minutes
- 10 Minutes
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger and ½ teaspoon salt. Set aside.
- Using a stand or hand mixer, beat the butter and brown sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the molasses, egg and vanilla and continue mixing until smooth. Add the dry ingredients gradually and mix until no dry flour remains. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill cookie dough for at least 1 hour, or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Measure 2 tablespoons of cookie dough and roll into a ball. Place on the prepared baking sheet and repeat with the remaining dough, placing each ball 2” apart.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until the cookies are set at the edges but still soft in the middle. Cool cookies on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- To make the eggnog frosting, use a stand or hand mixer to beat 4 tablespoons of butter and ¼ teaspoon of salt until light and fluffy. Slowly add the powdered sugar until the mixture becomes crumbly. Continue mixing while adding the eggnog, one tablespoon at a time, until the frosting becomes smooth and spreadable.
- Frost the cooled cookies and decorate with festive red and green sprinkles.
Recipe Tip: Feel free to substitute low fat eggnog in the frosting