- 15 minutes
- 10 minutes
- Makes 40 to 45 gingersnaps
- In a bowl, cream together the brown sugar and the shortening.
- Add the molasses and mix well.
- Add the egg and mix well.
- Add the baking soda, flour, cinnamon, ginger, and salt.
- Mix well.
- Roll the cookie dough into 1-inch balls.
- Mix ½ cup white sugar and 2 teaspoons cinnamon and place in a shallow bowl. Roll each cookie ball in the sugar mixture.
- Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Slightly flatten each cookie ball. Place in a 375-degree oven for about 10 minutes.