- 20 minutes
- 50 minutes
- Butter the bottom and sides of a 9-inch springform pan and dust with a small amount of the cocoa powder, set the remaining cocoa powder aside to dust the top of the torte later.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, melt together the butter and baking chocolate, stirring constantly, until combined. Set aside to cool for a few minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the eggs, sugar, and vanilla; whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Slowly add the chocolate mixture to the eggs mixture, and whisk together well, then stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the springform pan and place it in a pre-heated 350-degree oven for 50 minutes or until firm.
- Remove from pan once the torte has cooled, then dust the top with the remainder of the cocoa powder. You can also use confectionerâs sugar.
- In addition, you can make your own whipped cream by combining 1 cup of heavy cream, a 1/2 cup of sour cream, and a 1/4 cup of confectionerâs sugar. Combine these ingredients using an electric mixer, and beat until stiff peaks form. Serve with torte.
- Serve warm or cold.