- 60 minutes
- 25 minutes
- Heat milk to warm, about 110-115 degrees. Add 1 tsp of sugar and yeast. Set aside and allow to proof.
- Combine all dry ingredients into your mixing bowl or food processor. Mix together for a few seconds to incorporate them all. Add the Earth Balance, blending on slow speed until you have course crumbs.
- Add the oil, non-dairy milk/yeast blend, egg and vanilla, blending until incorporated. If using a food processor, do on low until dough forms. Place dough in bowl and allow to rise for about an hour to an hour and a half in a warm spot. The dough needs to be visibly puffy.
- While the dough is rising, make the filling by adding the brown sugar and cinnamon to softened Earth Balance. Stir to mix well and set aside. Once dough has risen, turn it out onto a piece of wax paper approximately 8 x 12 ,with some sugar to coat the paper. Add some more sugar to coat the top layer and lay another piece of wax paper on top. Begin to roll until the dough is about 8 x 12
- Remove the top layer of wax paper and brush the dough with some milk. Gently spread the Earth Balance mixture all over the dough, leaving 1/2 to 1 of a border filling free. Fold the border edges in to touch the filling. This will help leaks.
- Begin rolling the dough into a log by pulling up the bottom layer of wax paper, making sure to assist the dough to fold in on itself in the beginning. Go slowly! Once fully rolled, you can chose to cut them at this point and bake them, or allow them to set in the fridge for up to 20 minutes to allow the dough time to set.
- Using a large greased knife, cut along the log to create 8 separate cinnamon rolls. Place the cinnamon rolls in an 8 spring form pan, pre-sprayed and layered at the bottom with parchment paper. Leave enough room for them to rise but still touch when fully risen. Allow to rise for another 45 minutes in a warm place.
- Preheat oven to 400 while rising. Once risen, place in oven and bake for 25 minutes. If desired, layer with sugar icing at the end (1 cup of organic powered sugar mixed with 1 tsp vanilla and 2 tsp water-mix well)