- 5 minutes
- 10 minutes
Are jalapeno poppers your go-to appetizer for game days, holidays and snack time with the family? If so, then this sandwich may quickly become your favorite new way to enjoy this zesty starter – but as a lunch entrée instead! And since it features both cheddar cheese and cream cheese, you can expect a gooey and doubly cheesy bite.
- Mix together the cream cheese, jalapeno and garlic powder in a small bowl until combined.
- Arrange one slice of the cheddar cheese on each slice of bread. Evenly divide the cream cheese mixture and spread it over two slices of the cheese. Top with the remaining cheese and bread to create two sandwiches.
- Spread the butter on the outside of each slice of bread.
- Heat a medium grill pan over medium heat. Add the sandwiches to the pan and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Recipe Tip: For extra flavor and texture, add crisp, chopped bacon to the cream cheese mixture.