- 15 minutes
- 40 minutes
Grandma's chocolate meringue pie is a rich and creamy pie that she always served at family gatherings.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Mix sugar, cocoa and flour. Add enough milk to moisten mixture.
- Beat egg yolks separately.
- Add egg yolks, melted butter, vanilla and remaining milk to sugar mixture.
- Pour into pie crust and bake for 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- For meringue, beat egg whites until stiff. Gradually add 8 Tbs. of sugar to egg whites. Spread meringue on pie and cook at 325 degrees until evenly brown.