- 20 Minutes
- 10 Minutes
Need some new grilling ideas for dinner? If you've never made BBQ sausage, you've been missing out. Try out this BBQ recipe tonight for a great meal!
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, put sausages in and pour in water. Add a large pinch of salt, bring to a simmer, cover and cook 2 – 3 minutes per side.
- Take sausages from skillet and let cool to room temperature.
With each metal skewer, stick each cooled sausage completely through so it is pierced lengthwise.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Put barbecue sauce into a bowl and set aside.
Put sausage on a cutting board. Using a knife, hold the blade at a slight angle, cut down to the skewer and make a cut about 1 inch from the end. Continue cutting, safely rotate the sausage and keep cutting in a spiral until sausage is cut to about 1 inch from the opposite end.
- Lightly spread the sausage apart on the skewer to create a1/2 inch of space between the spiral and will allow the barbecue sauce to drip into every spiral space.
Cook sausages on grill until browned, about 6 minutes on each side.
Using a brush, cover each sausage with barbecue sauce when they’re nearly done. Continue to cook until barbecue sauce has caramelized onto the sausage and the sausage has slight char markings.
Remove sausages from grill, let cool for 30 seconds and then remove skewers for serving. Serve on bun with garnishes.