- 15 minutes
- 40 minutes (plus marinating)
- Combine the chicken, olive oil, lemon juice, 1 teaspoon thyme, salt and pepper in a resealable plastic bag. Massage the mixture into the chicken to cover completely. Marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes, or refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Meanwhile, using a fork, mash the blackberries, water, vinegar and sugar together in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce reduces and thickens, about 15-20 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the butter and mustard until combined. Set aside.
- Preheat a grill or grill pan over medium heat. Brush the excess marinade off the chicken. Place the chicken skin-side down and cook, flipping occasionally, until the skin is golden brown and crisp, or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F, about 15-20 minutes.
- Drizzle the chicken with the blackberry sauce and top with the remaining thyme. Serve and enjoy.
Recipe Tip: Substitute raspberries or blueberries for blackberries! If using blueberries, substitute balsamic vinegar for apple cider vinegar to make a blueberry balsamic sauce!