- 15 minutes
- 15 minutes
Have a tasty dinner on the table in 30 minutes flat. Made with Mexican-style rice as the base of the bowls, followed by a delicious combination of beans, corn, tomatoes and salsa and grilled chicken on top, plus pickled jalapenos and hot sauce as a garnish, this recipe is filling and packed with flavor. Serve with fresh tortilla chips from your neighborhood Food Lion’s Deli department, along with a little extra salsa for dipping.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Brush both sides of the chicken breasts with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and season with the taco seasoning mix. Grill the chicken for 5-8 minutes on each side until the center reaches an internal temperature of 165°F. Transfer the chicken to a plate and allow it to rest for 5 minutes. Cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the black beans, corn and diced tomatoes and sauté until heated through.
- Divide the rice evenly between individual bowls. Evenly divide the vegetable mixture and salsa between each bowl and top with the chicken. Garnish with the jalapenos and season with hot sauce to taste.
- Recipe Tip: Alternatively, cut the chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces, season with the taco seasoning mix and cook in a sauté pan with olive oil over medium heat until cooked through.