- 5 minutes
- 12 minutes
- Preheat grill to medium high or 400 degrees.
- Place cilantro, oregano, garlic, red wine vinegar, olive oil, lime juice, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper in a food processor and mix until smooth to form the chimichurri sauce.
- Mix diced avocado and the chimichurri sauce in a small bowl. Gently coat so as to not to mush the avocado. (you want them to remain diced)
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides of a room temperature flank steak.
- Position the steak on the grill and cook for 4-6 minutes on each side.
- After transferring the steak from grill, allow it to cool for 2-3 minutes. Cut steak.
- Top the steak with the avocado chimichurri sauce and serve.