- 10 minutes
- 1 hour
- Makes 2 to 3 servings
This avocado-mango salsa pairs perfectly with grilled lime salmon for a flavorful summer dinner.
- To make the salsa: in a large bowl, combine the mango, red pepper, red onion, lime juice, cucumber, tomatoes, salt, pepper, cilantro, and coconut water.
- Mix well, then add the avocado and gently incorporate.
- Refrigerate until serving.
- Optional: Cooked brown rice is a nice side to this dish.
- To cook the salmon:
- In a large baking dish, combine the lime juice, lime zest, garlic, salt, pepper, and olive oil.
- Add the salmon filets, skin-side up, to the baking dish.
- Place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to allow it to marinate.
- Turn the salmon filets to allow the other side to marinate, 30 additional minutes in the fridge.
- Pre-oil your grill and bring to medium-high heat. Cook the salmon for approximately 3 to 5 minutes per side (until cooked).
- Serve the salmon with the salsa (and rice, if desired).