- 2 hours
The best way to improve a classic tender NY strip steak this Father's Day is to top it off with garlic butter and enjoy as it melts across each steak enriching this dish with its blend of fresh herbs.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients for the butter with a spoon or rubber spatula.
- Place it into a piece of parchment paper and roll up into a log shape. Twist the end of the parchment paper and place in the refrigerator for a minimum of 2 hours. You can also keep the butter in the freezer and use it as you want.
- Place the ingredients for the marinate in a freezer style Ziploc bag and roll around with your fingers to mix everything well. Place the steaks into the bag of marinate and refrigerate for 2 to 24 hours.
- Grill on medium to high in either a cast iron grill pan or outside on the grill. Grill on each side for 5 to 6 minutes each side. (if using a cast iron pan, finish in a preheated 400 degree oven for about 10 minutes) This will give you a medium rare steak. Cook a few minutes longer if you prefer your steak more well done.
- Let the steaks rest about 5 minutes before slicing to serve. Serve with seasonal vegetables.