Grilled Peaches and Pineapple Sundaes
June 24, 2022 Comments
- 15 Minutes
- 6 Minutes
Grilling peaches and pineapple brings out a whole new side of these familiar fruits! The fire’s heat caramelizes their natural sugars and gives their ripe juiciness a lovely complexity. For a decadent touch, brush them with cinnamon-sugar butter before grilling, then layer them with your favorite vanilla ice cream for a decadent summertime sundae that’s also budget-friendly.
- Place the raspberries in a small bowl and sprinkle with the granulated sugar. Allow to sit for 15 minutes. Mash with a fork to desired consistency.
- Meanwhile, preheat the grill to medium-high heat (400°F).
- Mix the brown sugar, cinnamon and salt in a small bowl.
- Brush the fruit with the melted butter and place the peaches directly onto the grill, cut side down.
- Grill for 2 minutes, rotate the peaches so that the other cut side is face down and add the pineapple slices to the grill. Cook for two minutes, flip the pineapple slices and turn the peaches so that the skin is directly on the grill. Sprinkle the fruit with the brown sugar mixture and drizzle with the remaining butter. Cook for 2 minutes or until the brown sugar is melted.
- Remove the peaches and pineapple from the grill and cool slightly. Cut the fruit into bite-sized pieces.
- Layer the peaches, pineapple and vanilla ice cream in serving bowls or glasses. Top with the mashed raspberries. Garnish with the chopped mint, if desired.
Recipe Tip: To remove the raspberry seeds from the sauce, puree the raspberries and sugar mixture in a food processor or blender and strain through a fine mesh sieve."
Create Your Display Name