- 10 Minutes
- 30 Minutes
- 3 - 5
Looking to make potato skins? These take 30 minutes or less and are perfect as game day or party snacks. Try them out today to impress your guests!
- Prepare potatoes by cutting in half lengthwise and placing on the grill, cut side up, over medium heat. Alternatively, you can bake them in advance in the oven. Cook until potatoes are slightly soft, 15-20 minutes.
- Allow the halves to cool, then use a teaspoon or melon baller to scoop out most of the inside of the potato. Leave about ¼” of potato around the edges. Reserve whatever you remove for use in other recipes, like mashed potatoes or potato salad.
- Brush melted butter on the inside and outside of each of the now-hollow skins. Sprinkle each with a pinch of salt and pepper, then place the skins back on the grill, cut side down.
- Cook over medium to medium-high heat for 5-10 minutes or until the butter bubbles and the skins are beginning to get crispy.
- Turn the skins so the cut sides face up and distribute the cheese and bacon bits evenly between each skin. Cook for another 2-3 minutes or until the cheese is warm and melted. Remove from grill, top with green onions if desired, and serve with sour cream.