- 45 minutes
- 2 hours
This rich jam may take some time, but the flavorful results are well worth the effort! Robust tomatoes and smokey bacon are the perfect accompaniment for simply grilled salmon in a dish that will leave guests clamoring for the recipe! Extra jam can be stored in the fridge for up to a week, and makes a perfect sandwich spread.
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Arrange halved tomatoes cut side down on a greased baking sheet. Drizzle with 1 tbsp. olive oil, and 1 tsp. salt. Bake two hours, and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon bits until crispy. Add onions and cook until soft, about 10 minutes.
- Add balsamic vinegar and brown sugar to skillet, stirring frequently until a thick syrup forms.
- Combine tomatoes and bacon mixture in a blender and pulse until well combined and the consistency of tomato salsa. If mixture becomes too thick or pasty, thin with cool water. Adjust seasonings to taste, if necessary, and set marmalade aside.
- Sprinkle salmon fillets with remaining salt and pepper, and prepare a hot grill or skillet with remaining olive oil.
- Grill salmon skin side down until just cooked through, about 8-10 minutes. Top hot salmon fillets with bacon jam and serve immediately.