- 8 minutes
- 15 minutes
Cherries take a savory turn in this tasty steak sauce. You can control the heat by leaving in the jalapeno seeds for a hotter sauce or taking them out for a milder flavor.
- Rub sirloin steak with garlic, paprika, salt, chipotle, cocoa powder, light brown sugar and brush with olive oil; set aside.
- Heat grill on high heat and rub grill grates with oil.
- Cook the sirloin on one side long enough to get grill marks (about 5-7 minutes). Flip steak over and continue to cook until desired doneness has been reached.
- While the steak is cooking on the grill, in a small sauce pot mix cherries with onion, allspice, and vinegar and warm on medium heat. Cook for about 5 minutes; remove from heat then set aside.
- When steak is done, remove from the grill and allow to rest before slicing (about 5-7 minutes).
- Immediately serve steak over favorite side such as Food Lion Instant Mashed Potatoes. Top steak with Cherry Relish and garnish with sliced jalapeños.