- 30 minutes
- 15 minutes
There’s nothing quite like the smell of grilling steaks on a beautiful summer day. Simple salt and pepper make the perfect seasoning combination, but if you’re looking for a way to take your steaks to the next level, give our Grilled Steak with Lemon Herb Butter recipe a try! You’ll still grill your steaks with salt and pepper like usual, but while the meat is resting, that’s when you melt your homemade herb butter overtop for a punch of added flavor. Serve these steaks with grilled vegetables like asparagus or squash, as well as some potatoes (however your family likes them best).
- Remove steaks from refrigerator and sprinkle with salt. Rest until meat is room temperature, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill on high with lid closed for 10-15 minutes, then open lid and slightly lower temperature to medium-high heat. Place steaks on grill and do not touch or flip for 5 minutes.
- Flip steak and lower heat to medium, cooking for an additional 6-10 minutes, depending on desired internal temperature.
- While waiting, make butter by whisking ingredients together with a fork in a small bowl.
- Remove steaks from heat and season with black pepper, placing a dollop of lemon herb butter on each. Allow meat to rest and butter to melt for at least 5 minutes before serving.