- 12 hours
- 1 1/2 hours
- Brine the turkey, with water, salt and spices for 12-24 hours. Place the turkey inside a 5-gallon food safe bucket that is lined with a plastic bag, to minimize clean up. Place in the refrigerator or in a cooler and surround with ice. Some store bought turkey are already prepped with a brine solution.
- Remove the turkey from the brine and pat try with paper towels. Place the turkey on a aluminum lined half sheet pan. Coat the turkey with the melted butter, rosemary, orange zest, lemon zest, and pepper. Squeeze the orange and lemons over the turkey.
- Preheat the grill to about 400 degrees F. Place the turkey on the grill, turn the burners off where the you place the turkey. If using charcoal, push the hot coals to the edge of the grill, and place the turkey over the coolest part of the grill.
- Cook until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
- You can also cook the turkey on a half sheet pan in the oven if desired. 375 degrees F for about 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Continue to baste the turkey as it cooks.
- Let the turkey rest 15 minutes before slicing. Garnish with rosemary sprigs and slices of oranges and lemons.