- 20 minutes
- 45 minutes
An involved process with astounding results. Slightly crunchy exterior with a spicy and savory interior!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and in a warm skillet begin lightly frying the bacon.
- While preparing the bacon crack one egg and all other ingredients into a mixing bowl. Thoroughly mix until everything is fully incorporated.
- On a lightly floured foil surface stretch and roll the dough out until it is roughly one foot square.
- Before the bacon becomes stiff and crunchy remove it from the skillet, let cool, and arrange in lines on top of the dough.
- Take the meat mixture and form it into a loaf near one edge of the dough.
- Lift the opposite edge of the dough and carefully bring it over the loaf and tuck it under the bottom. Pinch together the open ends and tuck them under the bottom as well.
- Cover the loaf with the foil and place in the freezer for about ten minutes. This is to help settle the shape of the loaf and make it hold better.
- Whisk the remaining egg into a small bowl. Remove the loaf from the freezer, lightly score the top so it is not completely cut through, and cover entirely with the egg.
- Bake in oven for approximately 45 minutes or until the crust has taken a golden brown color. Remove and serve immediately.