- 5 minutes
- 40 minutes
- 8 skins
Potato skins are a classic football watching snack. These ones stand out. With sweet potatoes & a side of guacamole, they will be the best you've made!
- Prick the sweet potatoes 5-6 times with a fork. Cook two potatoes at a time in the microwave for three minutes. Turn over, and cook for another 3-4 minutes, until softened. Repeat with remaining two sweet potatoes.
- Allow the sweet potatoes to cool, then slice in half lengthwise to create eight football-shaped halves. Scoop out the potato flesh, and leave about 1/4” border around the edges to help hold the shape of the potatoes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. Place the potatoes, skin side up, onto a greased baking sheet. Brush olive oil over the potato skins, then top each of them with a pinch of salt (splitting the teaspoon of salt between all potato skins.) Bake for 15-20 minutes, until crisp.
- While the potatoes are in the oven, cut the avocados in half lengthwise. Remove the avocado pits, and spoon the avocado flesh into a large bowl. Add lime juice, onion, garlic, cumin, and cilantro, and mash to combine with a fork. Stir in the chopped tomatoes until combined, and season the guacamole with salt and pepper to fit your tastes. Set aside.
- Once the potatoes are done baking, remove them from the oven. Use tongs to carefully flip them over, then immediately sprinkle 2 Tbsp. of shredded cheese inside each of potato half. Let the potatoes cool for a couple of minutes as the cheese melts, then scoop the guacamole into the potatoes.
- For the “football lines” : Spoon 1/4 cup sour cream into a plastic sandwich bag. Snip a tiny cor-ner off of the bag, and squeeze the sour cream through the corner to draw the football design on top of the guacamole. (One line down the length of the potato, then three to four lines evenly spaced horizontally.) Serve with your favorite tortilla chips and enjoy!